Underneath the Swagger
“When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless."― Chris ColferI am a product manager. Part of my job is to pipeline new products for the consumption of certain types of customers. I do market research, competitive analysis, field surveys, launches, and other marketing related activities somewhat similar to advertising and promotions. It is a pretty tough job not only because of the numbers, but physically it could be a lot draining as well.
I am very thankful because at a very young age, i was blessed to land this position. (The age bracket for this post usually starts at the age of 30 and up) Yes, i still have a lot to learn still, but i consider this as a big break.
Going up the career ladder is not that easy. Aside from the heaps of work you need to do to prove yourself, you also need to gain the respect of your co-employees, and for me that is the most difficult task. You don't get to please everyone since you deal with different personalities - biases and perceptions included. You get to work with the most difficult people alive.
If you think you already escaped bullies way back primary education, well think again. Bullies also thrive in work settings. My say? Don't mind them. As what the famous proverb said - "If people throw you stones, throw them bread in return."
“Like all bullies, they’re cowards underneath the swagger" --Edward Cullen”― Stephenie Meyer, Breaking Dawn
This is just a simple outfit i wore for dinner with the family.
1. Top - Zara
2. Pants - August Jeans
3. Wedges - Charles and Keith
4. Bag - Mango
5. Watch - Parfois
6. Necklace and Chain bracelet - Forever 21
1. Photo 6 - My very loving and supportive parents
2. Photo 3 - My very talented co-product manager/ Makeup Asrtist (MUD trained) Chelly Contreras-Sanchez
3. Photo 4 - Very delicious cupcakes from Gigi Gaerlan (I swear they have very delectable cupcakes. They also specialize in custaroons which are extremely yummy. Check out their store in Padre Pio Church in Libis or click the link)
4. Photo 5 - My favorite food (Mediterranean Fusion!)
5. Photo 7 - My partners/mentors Paul and John