The Breathable Palazzo Pants
Palazzo trousers is commonly a summer season trend. In the Philippines, where it is very humid all throughout the year, this type of pants are very comfortable and breathable in hot weather since it has loose wide legs that flares from the waist.
Palazzo pants, or trousers first became a trend in the late 60s and 70s, reminiscent of popular screen icons such as Audrey Hepburn, and Greta Garbo.
This getup can be an alternative to shorts, especially to more conservative women who don't want to show so much skin. This type of pants can be a breather to the usual tight fitting jeans or leggings.
Let me share with you some tips on how to wear the palazzo pants:
• Choose a pair that rests higher than your waist for the most elegant look. Choose a tight fitting shirt, tuck it in or add a belt to create the illusion of a slimmer figure.
• You may pair it off with a silky sheer kimono for a night out or a cardigan for work.
•Choose designs with bold prints for a more playful look, or you may opt for block colors and pair it up with a neutral or pastel colored top to balance the effect.
• At the beach, you may substitute it for shorts or a sarong as a cover up.
1. Spaghetti Strap Top - Forever 21
2. Palazzo Pants - Pink Belter
3. Sandals - Aldo
4. Watch - Valentino
5. Feather Necklace - Kirinkirin (Check out their spot at the 2012 Noel Bazaar at the World Trade Center!)
* Click this link to view upcoming Bazaars for the yuletide season!